Area General Manager Job at InterContinental Hotels
The Job: Area General Manager
As Area General Manager you will be responsible for the overall management, operation and performance of a portfolio of extended-stay hotels and also act as General Manager of a primary hotel in your geographic region.
This position is the top level position in a limited service or extended stay operation. Responsible for approximately 5-11 Company owned or managed hotels through management of subordinate Hotel General Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maximize room revenues and profits through participation with Sales Directors and local sales initiatives
- Develop and monitor strategic marketing prospects and business plans
- Provide direction to General Managers to anticipate and resolve hotel issues
- Develop financial and operational plans to support hotel objectives and monitor their performance
- Ensure that product quality and service standards are met in all areas of the hotel(s) including appearance, maintenance and cleanliness and physical hotel assets
- Drive the execution of marketing plans to maximize the balance of average daily rate (ADR) and average length of stay (ALOS) opportunities
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local community
- Ensure superior service is delivered to all guests and their requests and issues are resolved immediately
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for all guests, employees and hotel assets
- Hire, train and provide career development for subordinates
- Champion IHG brands in an exemplary manner at all times and provide brand perspective on site tours to perspective guests, developers & owners and BH&R personnel.
- Serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the brand public relations department if necessary
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Additional Languages preferable
- Standing and moving about the facilities
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products, and equipment