Ward Clerk (Arabic speaking FEMALES) at Oasis Hospital
The Job: Ward Clerk (Arabic speaking FEMALES)
The Clerk is a member of the health care team that provides medical, administrative and clerical support to the multidisciplinary team. Acts as a receptionist and clerical assistance for the patient care areas and carries out clerical functions in relation to patient records, services and supplies. Is the first person that visitors, family and physicians interact with as they approach the nursing desk.
Education: High school minimum
Experience: Two years related experience in a hospital setting preferred
Languages: Must be a native Arabic speaker and must have good English communication skills.
Job functions and Key Accountability:
- To work as part of the team delivering the clerical and administrative provision to the Inpatient Services.
- Acts as a receptionist for the Inpatient Service including answering the telephone, scheduling patients and directing patients/visitors to the appropriate location.
- To undertake photocopying, faxing and filling as required.
- Prepares and distributes all necessary registration or concerned forms.
- Generates and ensure all files contain a General Consent form.
- Types reports, as necessary, for the manager as directed.
- Collects data, monitors, and prepares reports for quality improvement activities, as necessary.
- To ensure the procedures and running of the unit are in accordance with department standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To receive, register and process patient referrals, and book patient appointments according to the criteria as directed. Makes discharge arrangement for patients – book follow-up appointments for patients and arrange transportation.
- Makes appropriate changes when patients are transferred to another room.
- Assists with patient care as directed
- Performs related service duties such as stocking of linen, cleaning department equipment, retrieving supplies from other hospital areas, and disinfecting equipment according to infection control standards/procedures.