Material Management Clerk Job at Shangri-La Hotels
The Job: Material Management Clerk
The Material Mananagment (Clerk) acts as coordinators to various divisions/department staff and ensure an efficient filling system to obtain results on purchasing functions.
- Obtains quotations by email and telephone.
- Investigates discounts and monitors cost and quality.
- Maintains database of prices on goods and services.
- Prepares ‘Summary Sheets’ for supplier quotations.
- Raises Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders as appropriately authorised.
- Develops & obtains purchase specifications.
- Forwards purchase requisitions and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Prepares monthly report of outstanding Purchase Orders.
- Performs market survey, including competitor hotels.
- Makes comparison with current supplier prices to ensure competitiveness.
- Regularly reviews par stock levels.
- Informs Main Store of changes of lead time and price trends.
- Replaces expired stock items at no cost to hotel.
- Regularly liaises with suppliers & Government Officials
- Updates on latest custom amendments.
- Makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in performing purchasing functions for a large company, preferably a hotel.
- University Degree (Preferable holder of diploma in Management).
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written). Fluency in Arabic or another foreign language is an advantage.
- Highly motivated and passionate about the job and his/her career.
- Good knowledge of computer operations (MS Office, Opera system)
- Good negotiation skills.
- Physically fit, active and can perform well with pressure.