Accounts Assistants Position at Sky News Arabia
The Job: Accounts Assistants
The Accounts Assistants applies specialist accounting skills to collect and analyse accounting information, predominantly for use by internal Finance department constituents. Key Responsibilities
- Verifies calculations, checks data and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents in order to ensure the accuracy of reports produced.
- * Receives and processes all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment. Verifies calculations and inputs codes into the Accounting system in an accurate manner.
- * Deals with daily petty cash transactions and ensures that replenishments are made on a regular basis.
- * Prepares bank transfer or cheque for payments which are authorized and properly documented.
- * Ensures all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- * Prepares information or statistical breakdowns, as directed, from readily available sources.
- * Reviews coding on accounting documentation to ensure correctness and prepares monthly journal entries. Prepares monthly accrual of expenses and petty cash reconciliations.
- Key Skills, Experience and Education
- At least 3 years’ professional accounting experience assisting a Chief Accountant or Accounting Supervisor in a large organization.
- * This job requires knowledge of financial reporting practices and standard accounting practices in the UAE, and the ability to produce a large volume of reports within expected timelines.
- * Highly attentive to detail which requires analytical thinking.
- * Good organizational skills and ability to work to, and implement company accounting policies and procedures.
- * Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- * Managing Workload