Steakhouse Commis II Opening at Four Seasons
The Job; Steakhouse Commis II
- Prepare food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Additional language skills (i.e. Arabic) a plus
- Culinary institute education or equivalent related culinary experience
- Candidates should minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar environment
- Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of meat cooking temperatures
- American Steakhouse cuisine experience is essential
The benefits offered by Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi include :
- Full board shared living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced compound
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels worldwide
- Regular social and sporting events
- Paid home leave tickets
- Quality employee meals
- Free transportation to and from work