Administrator I Job at United Arab Emirates University
The Job: Administrator I
A Department Secretary works with minimal supervision, often working independently and exercising judgment. He/she performs some or all of the duties listed below, as assigned.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Chair of the Department, including electronic and telephonic correspondence with the Dean’s Office, the University administration, students, faculty members and support staff colleagues
- Provides administrative support to Department faculty members in matters relating to their teaching, scholarship and service roles.
- Produces and maintains up to date files and databases of academic and administrative matters concerned with the work of the Dean’s Office, the University administration, students, faculty members and support staff colleagues.
- Responds to enquiries and requests for written information from the Dean’s Office, the University administration, students and faculty members
- Assists with the organization and publicity of Department events
- Facilitates faculty arrangements for visitors, attendance at conferences, meetings and travel.
- Keeps up to date with curriculum and policy changes and communicates these to members of the Departmental community as appropriate
- Receives and produces written and oral correspondence to a high standard, in English and Arabic
- Contacts internal and external technical support to maintain Department technical infrastructure.
- Plays a full and active service role in the life of the Department and the Faculty outside the immediate demands of their daily tasks.
- Acts with initiative and provides input and ideas into the continuous development of Department and Faculty operations.
- Operates professionally: is accurate, punctual, courteous, flexible, responsive to change and concerned for their own professional development.
- Operates collegially, has strong interpersonal skills and strives to be a person others appreciate working with
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Is able to use a full range of software, with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite
Three years of relevant experience
Excellent Knowledge of both Arabic and English languages
Has Psychology Degree