Accounts Receivable Accountant Job at DNV GL
The Job: Accounts Receivable Accountant
Work to be performed/major duties:
- Process all incoming checks. Enter payments into accounting system.
- Daily application of bank cash receipts
- AR subledger reconciliation to GL ledger
- Resolve bank/GL discrepancies pertaining to receipts from daily bank reconciliations
- Work with clients to reconcile any payment/billing discrepancies
- Work with business area Finance to resolve old items on AR aging
- Generate past due collection notices and follow up.
- Prepare bad debt reserve in accordance with DMS guidelines and submit to GL accountant for processing
- Ensure AR write-offs are properly authorized as per chart of authority before submitting for booking
- Other tasks as assigned by Finance manager
Position qualifications and level required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of Oracle will be a plus.
- Experience with a Professional Services Company preferred
- Computer skills
- Other professional qualifications required:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent team player and with very good personal communication and phone skills.
- Highly efficient, accurate and well organized.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- “Can do!” attitude and the ability to work independently effectively
Characteristics of successful employee:
- Sharp judgment
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude, customer centric mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documentation and various financial reports
- Energetic and approachable fostering positive atmosphere
- Solution oriented, willing to take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
- Written and verbal communication skills in the following languages is an advantage: Portuguese, French, Arabic