Assistant Cafe Manager Job at Bateel International
The Job: Assistant Cafe Manager
Assists with the management to provide an efficient restaurant operation that ensures the highest standard of food and beverage quality, presentation and service standards that aims to delight and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures a consistent warm, thoughtful and sincere guest experience is created through a personalised approach and attention to detail.
- Is able to efficiently respond to customer queries and concerns maintaining sensitivity, politeness and professionalism at all times.
- Gets to know and build a rapport with regular guests.
- Supports the Café Manager to coordinate an efficient Cafe operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house that continually uphold standards of Café performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the Café.
Sales and Budget
- Understands how maximising profitability is achieved and costs are controlled and can undertake necessary administration of such when required or in the absence of the Manager.
- Continually keeps abreast with all Company products, services and activities to be able to promote offerings and to be responsive to guest enquiries.
Inventory, Stock Control and Administration
- Coordinates and participates in accurate monthly inventories of all Café stock.
- Understands how to ensure efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control and can undertake necessary administration of such when required or in the absence of the Manager.
- Undertakes some departmental reports when necessary on schedules, menus, logbook, inventories, guest comments reports, guest history records and correspondence.
- Assist in the building of a motivated, engaged, cohesive team to deliver service standards. By ensuring their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback and training keeping staff upbeat and engaged.
- In the absence of the Café manager, provide consistent, regular communications with all team members to ensure colleagues are up to date and well informed of Company policies, procedures, special events etc. (via team meetings, 121s and yearly appraisals).
- Ensure the efficient scheduling of employees and arranging cover where necessary.
- Supervise and support new team member’s orientation.
The Assistant Cafe Manager Brand Standards
- Set the example as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work via the following:
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Ensure the adherence to grooming guidelines for themselves and enforcing the same with their team members.
- Maintains presentation and effectiveness of the Café by ensuring high standards of food and product quality, equipment, floor organisation, cleanliness and that all maintenance issues or hazards are resolved efficiently in a timely manner (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
Health and Safety
- Takes responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- Communicates and trains team members on all health and safety regulations.
- With no exception not only complies, but enforces all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.