Treasury Operations Head Recruitment at Brewer Morris
The Job: Treasury Operations Head
An international oil & gas company is seeking to appoint a Head of Treasury Operations to be directly responsible for the day to day operational treasury activities undertaken for the company. This position has day to day management responsibility for all treasury staff in Treasury Operation whilst providing comprehensive support to the Treasurer.
- The strategic management of the group’s cash and liquidity, including cash concentration and banking structures
- Management of in house bank accounts, balances and payment factory activities
- Operational bank relationship management
- Liaising with Group planning to identify, report, mitigate and document operational FX, commodity and interest rate risks (short and long term)
- Responsible all aspects of treasury related accounting / financial reporting
- Document, refine and maintain Treasury policies and procedure manuals and maintain treasury management systems
- Treasury related reporting (including forecasting) to / from treasury and within treasury
- Responsible for the management and operation of various financing and holding companies as agreed with Group Tax / Legal.
- Integration of new/existing business units into operational treasury and into financing structures
- Follow-up, analyse and interpret short term financial markets and provide the necessary guidance to Group management as required.
- Together with other financial controllers and the Head of Corporate Finance implement a proper segregation of duties and ensure that an appropriate controls framework is in place
- Working closely with the Head of Corporate Finance and local financial management. To ensure that the short term treasury needs of all businesses are met.
- Mentor and develop treasury team members
- Assist the Treasurer in any ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics and/or MBA
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of progressively responsible experience in treasury or cash management operations, including experience of international treasury management.
- Subject Matter Expert in domestic and international treasury and banking concepts, cash management forecasting and practices, and banking products and service.
- Practical experience and understanding of foreign currency markets, hedging, and exchange.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and finance principles. With the ability to apply concepts within a treasury context.
- An experienced business partner who is able to effectively manage stakeholders and problem solve, with strong customer service skills: Manage internal customer relationships through a competent, technically able, ‘can do’ service approach ensuring agreed service levels are maintained
- Excellent people management, communication, and organisational skills.