AML Compliance Officer wanted at GCC Exchange
The Job: AML Compliance Officer
- Carrying out the compliance function of the organization to ensure the day today functions are adhering to the CBUAE/UAE governmental regulations and law
- Administration of compliance monitoring and compliance on-boarding functions including KYC and Customer Due Diligence
- Receive Internal Suspicious Transaction Reports (ISTR) from branches, investigate and report and filing of Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) to CBUAE, if required
- Correctly filing with the CBUAE any periodic reports required by them
- Monitoring and testing of transactions. Monitoring trade based money laundering. Tracing structured transactions. Investicate research and take action for the exceptions for name clearance & monitoring of payment transactions. Maintain appropriate records and arrange monitoring of suspect accounts periodically.
- Providing periodical training to the entire staffs of the organization
- Advise the business regarding the AML aspects in relation to the development of new products / services in new and existing markets.
- Provide support and advice to other departments in relation to the application of rules and regulations to their function.
- Monitor the performance of the AML Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Should be familiar with branch operations.
- Review and address AML & Watch list and alerts. Update the blacklists on a regular basis.
- Liaison with the compliance department of the correspondent bankers and satisfactorily answer any queries posed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree
- At least four to five years of related experience in bank/ money exchange field
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of AML Laws and Regulation / FATF Recommendations of Central Bank of UAE.
- Persuasive communicator.
- Reliable, precise, well organized.
- Dynamic, committed and a team player.
- Can work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with minimal supervision.