Procurement Assistant SC5 at World Food Programme
The Job: Procurement Assistant SC5
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Level: SC 5
Salary: Starting from AED 13,216.26 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
Duration of Employment: 12 months
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of the UNHRD Hub Manager/ Supply Chain Procurement Manager and direct supervision of the Procurement Officer (Head of Unit) , the incumbent, based in Dubai-UAE, will be responsible for operational support service in procurement.
1. Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Procurement Staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
2. Support operational activities of the Units : issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts, ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
4. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
5. Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision- making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
The Procurement Assistant SC5 Purpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked on procurement activities.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Displays understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation.
- Leverages understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
- Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
- Utilizes understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.
- Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.