Floor Manager at Middle East Broadcasting Networks
The Job: Floor Manager
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Floor Manager for our Broadcast Operations Team at our Dubai office . MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media.
The Floor Manager is responsible for sharing information between the control from and the studio floor.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Floor Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing studio prior to newscasts and shows, cueing talent and taking verbal direction from Control Room Director.
- Coordinating production between anchors, talent and Show Director.
- Meeting daily with Show Directors to determine needs of upcoming segments, organizing and supervising set changes.
- Coordinating with the Audio Technician, preparing talent with microphones and required IFB’s, including any testing of microphones and IFB’s with talent on set.
- Running of the show on set, including visual countdowns and cues, set changes, placement of props and talent location during telecast.
- Maintaining appearance and overall condition of studios and breaking news desks.
- Ensuring the studios and breaking news desks are in a constant state of readiness for production and broadcast at all times.
Candidates should have the following:
- 2 years of experience in live television studio production.
- 2 degree in Television Production or related field or equivalent technical educational experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of handling multiple assignments
- Ability to demonstrate attention to production protocols such as facs out, crew calls, scheduling announcements, programming changes, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Plus, Have Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of a live broadcast.