Tournament Coordinator Opening at Troon Golf
The Job:Tournament Coordinator
Troon is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Tournament Coordinator for one of its facilities in Dubai. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Provides a positive, high level of service to Clients, Members and Guests, by giving undivided attention to each tournament to ensure the event is executed to the highest of standards. Plays a key role in Business Development. Furthermore, retention and profitability of events, must always be a key focus.
Key Responsibilities of the Tournament Coordinator:
- Coordinates each tournament or event from the initial planning stages until the completion of the event.
- Advises all departments of future events and conducts weekly event meetings, so that each department head can plan accordingly and fulfil all of the necessary requirements.
- Develops and maintains contacts (new groups, previous groups, society groups, local businesses, and charity groups) to promote the facility for future events.
- Has the ability to schedule tee times for members, groups and individual play and has a general understanding of how to operate the tee sheet.
- Administers tournaments to ensure smooth coordination of each event.
- Assists with the registration of golfers for tournaments, along with scoring and has the ability to confidently MC prize presentations.
- Works closely with Finance to generate accurate invoices for each event and ensure that payment is received on time to prevent the risk of any bad debt.
- Monitors and updates forecasts and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Regular and reliable attendance, with flexibility when it comes to working days and hours.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Generates bi-weekly events report and shares with all departments.
- Manages the Accounts Receivable for applicable events
- Creates and markets the member event calendar
- Direct involvement with Sales for various business development (Events and also Sponsorship)
- Direct involvement with marketing
- This position also must cover the Golf Operations Manager and Membership Manager when business demand requires.
Minimum Qualifications for the Tournament Coordinator:
- Prior experience when it comes to golf operations and has also to have been exposed to coordinating golf events in the past. Qualifications not essential, but would be preferable