Plumbing Supervisor Vacancy at Al Wazir Contracting
The Job: Plumbing Supervisor
- Provides supervision, leadership, oversight and associated responsibilities to the assigned site plumbing team.
- Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Assembles, installs, maintains and repairs pipes, fittings, insulation, valves and associated items for HVAC hot and chilled water piping systems including welding as required.
- Inspects structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening the structure resulting from pipe installation.
- Locates and marks pipe and connection position and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Uses hand and power tools to cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
- Uses a pipe cutter and pipe-threading machine to cut and thread pipes.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes made from metals or non-metals.
- Joins pipe using screws, bolts, flanges, fittings, solder, plastic solvent
- Tests pipe systems with water or air and reads pressure gauges to ensure system is not leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, sinks, water closets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers and water softener piping.
- Repairs and maintains these appliances by replacing washers, mending leaking pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Maintains pool equipment (if applicable) including: sand filters, pumps and accessory equipment, chemical feed pumps, tubing and control system.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine required work tools, equipment and sequence of installation.
- Maintains effective, timely, and respectful communication with other employees,
- Relevant overseas plumbing experience.
- Experience working with PAE.
- Experience working with Scope of Work, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, shop drawings and blueprints manager and supports other organizations.
- Performs other administrative tasks including material ordering, inventory, work scheduling and report preparation.
- The Plumbing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the assigned staff.
- Responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the plumbing operation.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.