Operations Dept Manager Needed at SOS HR
The Job: Operations Dept Manager
Our reputed client, a Government Oil and Gas Company is looking forward to recruit for the position of “Operations Department Manager – 6” in Abu Dhabi-Ruwais; UAE.
Location: Abu Dhabi – Ruwais
Functional Area: Refinery Operations
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
- PDH, Delayed Coker and Carbon Black unit experience is must.
- Plans directs and controls all functions and operations of the Propane
- Dehydrogenation, Delayed Coker and Special Carbon Black Sections, including Calcination and Hydrogen Manufacturing Units and Slurry Hydrotreating, utilizing technical and problem-solving skills along with specialized engineering knowledge, to ensure the department’s projects are budgeted, planned and implemented, to achieve reliable, efficient and optimum operations.
- Ensures and maintains maximum unit capacities and quality products as per company specifications.
- Provides leadership in emergency situations and re-establishes normal operations as quickly as possible.
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 12 years’ experience in refinery / gas processing plant operations of which 5 years should have been at management level.
- Familiar with international and UAE refinery industry standards and protocols.
- Have knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- High level of relevant technical knowledge and application.
- Excellent organizational, management and planning skills.
- Proven ability to educate and motivate.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Full knowledge of DCS.
- Must have good computer skills e.g. MS Office, MAXIMO.
- Ability to build relationships with staff and contractors with a focus on collaboration.
- Quick and sound decision making and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to engage in technical discussion and run meetings with engineers and contractors.
- Proficient in verbal and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language preferable