Contracts Manager Employment at Acwa Power
The Job: Contracts Manager
This bearer of this post will be reporting to the Project Director, and will be responsible for all commercial and contractual issues related to the project.
- Leads and directs all commercial aspects of executing the project.
- Be fully aware of Power Purchase Agreement, EPC Contract, Coal Supply Agreement, O&M Agreement and various Project Agreements and manage the stakeholders effectively in line with the contracts.
- Be effective in responding to the correspondences from various counter parties and ensure the interest of the Company is protected.
- Actively monitor the project progress in line with the contract schedule and ensure the parties adhere to the program.
- Interface with senior management team, finance and legal personnel to meet overall project deliverables.
- Establishing procedures for award and administration of any Project contracts
- Verify the invoices of the contractors along with the Owner’s Engineer and process the payments.
- Understand and prepare invoicing procedure for the Company and work together closely with the model consultant in finalizing the Settlement system and plant model software.
- Monitor and manage the Company’s various registration documents, certifications, construction permits, project related permits, NOCs and work actively to ensure timely renewals.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree with minimum 15+ years of work experience in power projects.
- Sound knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major coal and gas based power projects.
- Experience in handling green field power plants
- Middle East experience and knowledge of the PPA & EPC Contract structure in the Middle East is preferred.
- Experience in managing a small team of direct reports with ability to work hands-on.
- Experienced user of MS Office and understanding project management software, including project schedule software such as Primavera & MS Project.
- Experience in international contracting mechanisms under different jurisdictions.
- Fluency in English language both written and spoken.