API Consultant Recruitment at Travelport
The Job: API Consultant
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join us as an API Consultant in our Dubai Office.
If you are looking to build trusted technical relationships with our customers and are solution focused, then Travelport could be the place for you.
This engaging role will involve…
- Act as an API Consultant supporting the sales team during pre-sales stage to ensure full technical discovery and solution validation is done to ensure the solution meets customers’ expectations and product goals.
- Document showstoppers and product gaps and feed those back to the Commercial partners, API product organization and software delivery teams.
- Provide onsite consultancy for (key) customers that require more in-depth support during development stage (end to end application workflow review etc.)
- Coordinate issues resolution activities with varied partner organizations.
- Collaborates and builds effective working relationships with Product Portfolio owners, Software Delivery teams and Customer Support teams, Regional Commercial leaders to ensure API D&I organization is optimally positioned to support regional commercial goals and is actively soliciting feedback.
- Handle crisis and customer concern activities for oneself as well as for more junior team members for API product and functional issues as required.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
- Have Education to at least Degree level in a business or IT related area.
- 5+ years of relevant business, solutions engineering or technical project management experience.
- Working experience as a technical consultant in S.A.A.S companies, ideally one delivering APIs & Web Services.
- Have experience working in a customer-facing API implementation role working with (travel) APIs as a solutions or sales engineer.
- Sound analytical skills; be able to identify key issues and information in complex situations, problem solve and work closely with the appropriate guides within the team and the company to find solutions.
- Exposure to and high degree of comfort working with cross cultural and international teams and across multiple time zones.
- Command excellent verbal and written communication skills; be confident and confidence inspiring in dealing with any level of an organisation, internal or external.
- Ability to challenge current operational thinking and propose improvements affecting the software, the team’s productivity and the customer experience