Contracts Officer wanted at The Petroleum Institute
The Job: Contracts Officer
- Support the implementation of contractual strategies, policies and procedures, to enhance the quality, reliability and cost effectiveness of supplies/goods provided by suppliers/contractors.
- Ensure that all contracting services are fully compliant with the established contracting policies and procedures at PI.
- Assist in designing and developing contracts’ standards, including the creation, maintenance, and approval of clauses, variables, deliverables, and contract templates.
- Assisting in preparing and issuing tender invitation packages in close coordination with end-users, and act as a focal point for requests for clarifications and external communication with bidders.
- Assist in developing and reviewing agreements’ documentation in coordination with the Legal Department with regards to contractual matters, particularly those related to terms and conditions, contractual claims and counter claims, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the technical evaluation process, and participate in the commercial evaluation on the technically acceptable bids, and prepare award recommendations.
- Participate in negotiating contracts and agreements on behalf of PI and in coordination with the Head of Contracts and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Assist in analyzing business risks associated with specific contracts and contract provisions, and communicate risks to the management to facilitate the decision making process.
- Draft PI’s procurement contracts, agreements and formal correspondences in accordance with PI’s standards to achieve PI’s best interest.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Computer proficiency/skills, in particular MS Office.
- Fluent in English; Arabic is preferred