PYP Coordinator Recruitment at GEMS
The Job: PYP Coordinator
We are looking for a qualified and experienced PYP Coordinator. This appointment will be made with sufficient notice to the current school. You will be responsible for the effective organization of the curriculum program and contribute to policy formation. Together with members of the management and administration, you will assist with the admission of new students.
• Support and facilitate the work of the PYP program • Inform and consult with teachers and the administration
• Organize weekly curriculum planning meetings with the teachers • Mentor and model good inquiry practice in the classrooms
• Coordinate all IBO activities for the section of the school • Maintains IBO publications and school records in regard to the IB programs
• Ensures that the school meets all IBO regulations and deadlines • Establishes a complete record of IBO publications on file
• Contributes to marketing the IBO program, within and outside the school
• Maintains communication with the Headmaster, Principal, administration, faculty and parents regarding information about the program. This will include holding regular minuted meetings
• Establishes regular monitoring of students’ progress in their IBO subjects, and keep accurate records of student progress • Ensure parents are informed about their children’s progress
• Models and supports the timetabler to make sure that he/she understands the requirements of the program
• Maintains accurate records of all aspects of the IBO program
• Bachelor Degree or higher • Skilled and Qualified Teacher • Minimum of 5 years teaching experience • Extensive IBO Training • Extensive IBO Experience • Management Experience
• Ability to multi-task • Skilled in Instructional Planning, consultation, coordination and general teaching competencies • Previous experience with educational evaluation strategies
About your benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package.