Checkout Operator (Cashier) Position at Meraas Holding
The Job: Checkout Operator (Cashier)
The Checkout Operator (Cashier) is responsible for providing efficient customer service to customers at the cash till, while processing all relevant cash and credit transactions correctly as per the standard operating procedures
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following;
- Responsible for delivering effective customer service as per defined standards at the cash till and to process all customer transactions such as cash, credit card, voucher and gift cards.
- Displaying proactive, positive, responsible and disciplined behavior in dealing with customers and colleagues equally at the cash till.
- Efficient in handling bills, foreign exchange currency transactions, cash discounts, vouchers, internal buys and staff buys.
- Ensuring the correct closing procedures for cash deposits and cash pickups are followed and report anomalies to the cash supervisor.
- Maintaining ready to trade standards at cash till all times and ensure supplies such as bags and rolls are maintained.
- Attending and informing customers about products, promotions, offers, and plastic bag resale at the cash counter.
- Maintaining the display of front end counters during checkout down time.
- Ensuring minimization of wastage at the till by learning correct product handling techniques.
- Checking the cash till for hygiene standards as per the checklist before and after signing in/off.