Human Resources Generalist at Abu Dhabi University
The Job: Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to the Manager- HR Services, the objective of the role is to provide HR support to line management across the University in accordance with Abu Dhabi University’s policies, procedures and guidelines. Deals directly with employee and line management in resolving local employee relations. Policy interpretation and benefits questions and issues to ensure consistency and fairness of application.
Supports recruitment for a client group of Deans, Directors and Hiring Managers to meet University manpower needs. Supports line management in organizational design and effectiveness. Coordinates with the Government Relations and Compensation and Benefits Administration units to ensure consistency with policy and applicable regulations.
- Support the recruitment of top talent to ADU – we seek to hire the best people we can find
- Source talent from a variety of databases, career sites, our internal website application process, our ATS, LinkedIn and other available resources, etc.
- Screen applicants and identify potential suitable candidates
- Shortlist candidates, prepare interview protocols and participate in interviews with line management to fill faculty and staff positions
- Solicit all required information from successful candidates to facilitate visa, sponsorship, residency, attestation, etc. before turning new hires over to the government relations area for onboarding and induction
- Maintain quality communication with candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Communicate Employee Handbook and HR policies and procedures manual to line management, faculty and staff
- Undertakes job evaluations to ensure equitable pay between those doing similar jobs within the organization and are fair.
- Conduct fair and impartial investigations of faculty and staff grievances as they arise in areas supported as per the set guidelines.
- Prepare counselling letters, verbal warnings, warning letters and support the progressive discipline processes with line managers.
- Act as a point of contact for faculty and staff within HR and champion ADU as an employer and the ADU employment value proposition.
- Supports line management, faculty and staff in identifying and addressing training and development needs.
- Annually reviews training needs identified in faculty and staff evaluations and plans in collaboration with HR team the training and development calendar for the coming year.
- Supports line management in differentiating between performance issues and training issues. Overseeing Professional Development of all employees
- Collaborate with other HR team members to create the Annual Training Calendar.
To qualify, you must be a University graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a human resource management role in a small to medium sized organization. Master’s degree in Human Resources is an additional advantage.