Outreach Facilitator Job at World Vision International
The Job: Outreach Facilitator
We are seeking a very dynamic and well-organized person to coordinate the implementation of the Early Childhood Development activities that meet World Vision standards and policies in addressing refugee needs in a sustainable manner and that leaves considerable positive impact on the targeted beneficiaries.
- Support the planning and coordinate the implementation of the Early Childhood Development activities ensuring deliverables and targets are met
- Assist in developing the project action plan and monitor the distribution of the lesson plan in correspondence with the project duration and objectives
- Interacting regularly with team lead and CP/Education specialist to seek technical guidance and expertise regarding project related issues
- Responsible to identify convenient locations for undertaking the field activities and trainings
- Train parents on various health topics that enhance the well being of their children and provide a healthy environment that contribute to the children’s physical and cognitive development
- Conduct a periodic awareness sessions which aims at promoting Early Childhood Development for parents and adopt improved skills related to ECD among their children.
- Visit informal tented settlements and other communities, where beneficiaries reside, on regular basis and work closely with the parents by providing them technical support including monthly facilitating meetings
- Conduct visits to specific parents in order to understand the children’s family structure and enhance proper discussions with parents to follow-up on the child’s health issue.
- Support in the implementation of the daily or weekly activities and conduct various field visits to the different areas of operations to monitor and supervise the progress of the work periodically
The Outreach Facilitator KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in social development related field(kindergarten studies, social science , psychology, health, specialized education )
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Candidates must have skills in working with people of all ages and social groups
- High integrity in social interactions
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team
- Preference to candidate with field experience in Bekaa Lebanon region
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Willing to travel within Lebanon with a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations
- Excellent communication, reporting, and pro-active negotiation skills
- Skilled at working with local communities and authorities
- One year experience in a similar related job
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and report writing
- Knowledge in health related field
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with thorough knowledge of Arabic and English
- Driving license required
- Candidates must have interpersonal skills and a sense of responsibility
- Field experience