Field Security Officer wanted at World Vision International
The Job: Field Security Officer
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist the Response Security Manager in Implementing the Response security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the Zonal Office is appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Context Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the Zonal Staff.
- Work with the Zonal Response Programme Manager and other managers as appropriate to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Ensure Zonal Context Risk Ratings are established and updated as required.
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Context Risk Ratings for the offices within area of responsibility.
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
- Conduct security investigations when required.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Provide a regular security report to the Response Security Manager and National Security Coordinator.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Build the capacity of the field-based security focal persons where present.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
- Maintain all required security documents, to be reviewed and updated regularly and/or when needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience of 2 yrs.’ in humanitarian security management.
- Police/Law Enforcement Training and experience is preferred.
- No previous criminal record or convictions
- REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the Field Security Coordinator is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved OCS equivalent (probation period)
- At least three (1) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
- Strategic / Managerial
- Knowledge of fleet management and journey management
- Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations.
- Ability to communicate well in Arabic and Kurdish (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate well in English (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Valid Passport and Driver License
- First Aid qualified preferred.