Procurement Officers Needed at Etihad Airways
The Job: Procurement Officers
Perform, coordinate and execute IT purchasing and sourcing activities of medium complexity and address non-standard tasks according to established purchasing policies and procedures to ensure purchasing activities are executed in Etihad’s best interest.
- Policies and procedures:
Follow all relevant procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Day-to-day operations:
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to supervisor for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures.
- Safety, Quality and Environment:
Comply with all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform, coordinate and execute purchasing and sourcing activities of medium complexity according to established purchasing policies and procedures to ensure purchasing activities are executed in Etihad’s best interest.
- Negotiate with recurrent suppliers to improve service and quality levels and ensure contracts within assigned portfolio deliver full life value for money according to Etihad strategy and guidelines.
- Solicit quotations, analyse proposals and monitor contract terms and conditions, to adequately plan and deliver contracts and amendments in a timely and effective manner to serve Etihad’s best interest.
- Organize and develop RFP and RFQ documentations according to established policies and procedure to ensure Etihad’s requirement are captured effectively.
- Liaise and coordinate with Etihad’s suppliers by collecting and providing all required information, to ensure contractual terms and conditions are met.
- Monitor and analyse new products and suppliers in the market place to suggest new initiatives to increase cost efficiency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent degree level of education.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Multinational Companies in relevant field (Procurement or Supply Chain Management).
- Prior IT Procurement experience is desired.
- CIPS qualification or working towards it is desired.
- Ariba user experience is desired.
- Analytical Skills – Proficient
- Business Understanding Skills – Proficient
- Communication skills – Proficient
- English Language Skills – Advanced
- Negotiation Skills – Advanced