Blasting Painting Supervisor Job at Drydocks World
The Job: Blasting Painting Supervisor
- Implement day-to-day blasting & painting operations assigned for the department/section while ensuring compliance with the established standards and procedures.
- Liaise with the owner representative & agreed on areas for treatment.
- Direct and coordinate the activities, schedules and resources of the assigned painting team.
- Coordinate work program with project manager and other trades to avoid interruption.
- Attend production meetings, departmental meetings and provide appropriate reports.
- Reduce the overhead of paint supplies while increasing throughput through the paint process.
- Provide employees’ performance appraisals & updates for training requirements.
- Motivate and coach the department team members to focus on work improvements.
- Adheres to safety, quality, departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to accept added responsibility.
- Nace level 1 & 2.
- Knowledge of Painting Specifications & Classification of Paints
- Also, Knowledge of Sand Blasting, Coating & Painting.
- Knowledge of Blasting Standards & Abrasive Classification
- Good planning & organising skills
- Good communication skills
- Shipyard experience will be an advantage.