Service Technician Role at National Oilwell Varco
The Job: Service Technician
Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor, Service Technicians will primarily be involved with the assembly, maintenance, testing, disassembly, troubleshooting of the company assets.
- Performs required service, repair and assembly tasks in accordance with standard service procedures.
- Accurately and timely documents all service reports and checklists in addition to updating prespecified business applications
- Visually inspect parts upon third party inspection completion and report any finding
- Operate and maintain equipment in an effective way to preserve them
- Identify areas for improvements and be involved in problem solving activities
- Implement, Involve & Improve the Safety & Quality standards and procedures of the company
- Identify and report hazards and risks following the company observation and Stop Work Authority
- Assists in troubleshooting of assets and process failures using Root Cause Analysis Methodologies
- Maintenances good housekeeping practices in work area
- Complete all assigned training and competency tasks.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by Lead Hand /Shop Supervisor
- Awareness of a workshop environment
- Physically fit for workshop nature of work