Male Purchase Assistant Position at Accurate Edge
The Job: Male Purchase Assistant
- Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors.
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness.
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
- To ensure timely procurement of raw materials that go into production as per specification.
- To coordinate with a supplier for addressing complaints on raw material quality.
- Responsible for the procurement of steel, Gauges, Instruments, oils, lubricants, gases and other consumables.
- To select & approve new vendors for raw material in coordination with Engineering / Quality.
- Monitor the performance of the Vendors (RM Suppliers) and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- To Raise Purchase Orders and approve the same as per the procedure.
- To coordinate with Quality Dept. for developing the vendors Quality System.
- Monitor the departmental objectives / Measure of performance and achieving the same.
- To carry out various continuous improvement projects in the department.
- To provide input data for Management review and is a member of the Management review meeting.
- Maintain all records related to the department.
- To communicate the delivery schedules to the vendor based on the production plan/material plan.
- To monitor inventory levels and to take suitable actions.
- Clear the payments for the vendor.
- To identify the training needs of subordinates and provide input to the HR Dept.
- To ensure good housekeeping.
- Identify the environmental aspects and their impacts.
- To identify the hazards & carry out the risk assessments.
- To dispose of the hazards waste and other scraps as per the rules.
- Responsible for the complete maintenance of stores activities.
- To clear the payments for a vendor.
- Languages: Proficient in English (Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil are an advantage but not required)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Knowledge of raw materials.
- Have Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing operations.
- 1+ years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Same field will be definitely an additional advantage.