Weddings Events Executive at Marriott International
The Job: Weddings Events Executive
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Take responsibility for driving Wedding business within the hotel and the coordination and monitoring of Weddings from enquiry to actualization and post-event evaluation and account settlement.
- Prepare and issue proposal, negotiate the business as well as issuing contracts.
- Compile and issue to all operating departments the BEOs for all events at least 5 working days in advance. Ensure an effective handover of client’s conference requirements and contract details to the Operations Team
- Attend to details and follow-up on any requirements of the client in regards to engineering, outside contracts, entertainers, florist, audio visual, freight arrangements (incoming and outgoing), storage facilities, restaurant bookings, additional staffing and any internal or external communication between parties that is necessary
- Monitor event billing accounts for accuracy, and co-ordinate with Credit Manager and Accounts payable for all payment related issues.
To move into this position you should have
- Understanding of the various types of Weddings that take place in UAE
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Experience in handling Weddings from A to Z for 30 to 500 guests
- Good command of the English and attention to detail skills, must be well spoken and with a strong presentation skills.
- Relationship orientated
- Understanding of Opera Sales
- Attention to details
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Positive thinker
- Working times will be as per office hours however successful candidates will be required to work additional hours to meet the demand of our business and the clients. Two days off per week will be given