Dispatch Fleet Officer Needed at Crystal Gallery
The Job: Dispatch Fleet Officer
Schedule and dispatch work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business.
Duties may include using telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
- Organizes item orders by editing for price, promotions, weight compliance.
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirements; placing and expediting orders.
- Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, delivery time; ordering carriers.
- Verifies items shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.
- Replaces damaged items, shortages, and missed shipments by determining optimal response of replacement or credit.
- Protects organization reputation by keeping pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure the operational readiness of all vehicles.
- Manage the repair or reconditioning of any vehicle as required.
- Manage the regular maintenance of the vehicles.
- Maintain the Vehicle Readiness Checklist.
- Ensure the vehicles are cleaned and polished regularly.
- Ensuring the passenger cabins are clean and free of unnecessary equipment.
- Ensure that the installed devices of all vehicles are complete and operational.
- Assist with the introduction of a new Driver Training Program.