Assistant Restaurant Manager – Fish at Marriott International
The Job: Assistant Restaurant Manager – Fish
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist to Restaurant Manager to supervise the day-to-day functioning of all restaurant employees, facilities, sales and costs
- Controls and analysis the quality level of product and Service
- Check and take appropriate actions on Guest Satisfaction.
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Restaurant Manager, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on-the-job performance appraisal, coaching and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity
- Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurant
- Controls stocks for daily use in restaurants to ensure service requirements are met
- Schedules guest reservations and arrange private parties
- Develops formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for Food and Beverage Department employees
- Ensures the meeting of hotel grooming and appearance standards
- Supervises, coordinates and direct the prompt, efficient and courteous service of Food and Beverages in the restaurant
- Controls and analyses, on-going basis the following:
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Participates in the preparation of the Food and Beverage department budget and goals
- Spread cost awareness and adheres to cost control measures
- Leads by example, displays behaviors which reflect the desired work norms and values.
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
- Test out ideas for practicality and feasibility.
To move into this position you should have
- 2 Years of F&B Management Experience
- Late 20’s to early 30’s with appropriate height and physical appearance for the position and preferred Turkish nationality.
- Ability to ensure standards are developed, maintained and exceeded
- Training/Experience in an Aegean/Mediterranean inspired specialty restaurant within Europe. Asia or Middle East desired
- Business Manager. Ability to ensure stakeholders expectations are achieved from a financial/business perspective
- Coach/Mentor. Skills to develop those within their team
- Attention to Details.
- Motivator. Someone who can improve motivation and foster positive morale
- Passion for the job and industry