Dry Gas Seal Technician Needed at John Crane
The Job: Dry Gas Seal Technician
The DGS Senior Technician’s primary responsibilities will be to complete the full refurbishment and testing processes of wet and dry gas in the Dubai Service centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strip, inspect and assemble dry gas/wet seals.
- Complete the grooving activities for repair
- Dismantling and cleaning of seals and parts under repair.
- Assemble and repair mechanical seals and seal cartridges in accordance with John Crane drawings and specifications.
- Define and write strip and inspection reports
- Complete the set up and test of different types/sizes of dry gas seals
- Manual machining of components where required.
- Lapping, polishing and cleaning when necessary following the set standard processes.
- Supporting regional service centres (Occasional travel to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, and Bahrain).
- Work with the team leader to organize the service team’s day to day workload activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Diploma or University degree in Engineering or relevant vocational technical qualification
- Professional demonstrable experience in workshop service.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage. Lapping (a plus) and polishing knowledge.
- Self-driven, capable of making decisions.
- Knowledge of John Crane products is an advantage.
- Able to use Microsoft word, excel and access