Stage Technician Recruitment at Dubai Opera
The Job: Stage Technician
Job Role Summary
To work effectively as a Stage Technician, as part of a team, ensuring that all assigned activities associated with the technical department are carried out. To the highest possible standard of efficiency, safety and quality at all the Dubai Opera’s places of work.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Have a local or internationally recognised professional Electrical or Mechanical or other relevant technical field qualification
to the standard of at least a Higher National Diploma.
• Have worked for at least 3-5 years’ experience in this specific field.
• Clear understanding of technical operations works for a theatrical /events venue primarily for the staging of productions and events.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of all stage related technical areas, particularly with a Stage bias: Lifting control consoles, staging systems and equipment. With understanding of stage principles, carpentry, engineering principles, flying operations,
rigging and special effects.
• Some knowledge of pyrotechnics and stage lighting effects would be useful.
• Good IT skills, competent in Microsoft Office.
• The drive and expertise to maintain up to date knowledge of developments in technical stage operations, rigging and any other associated technical areas.
• To take responsibility for own attendance, safe working, motivation, discipline and welfare, and support effective team working at all times.
• To be able to work unsupervised at all times.
• Also, To supervise all grades of technicians below that of senior grade for attendance, safe working, motivation, discipline and welfare.
• Be able to train and assess colleagues and exterior personnel necessary to support the operations for Dubai Opera.
• Maintain close liaison with technical department members to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Undertake relevant tasks using specific in-house equipment for data reference or storage via computer or any relevant
Please submit your CV, including a covering letter, specifying the role or area in which you wish to work to firstname.lastname@example.org