Royal Service Agent Position at Fairmont The Palm
The Job: Royal Service Agent
Royal Service Agent
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are a Fairmont professional. As a Royal Service Agent, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Royal Service, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls either by redirecting calls or assisting the caller
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow up according to the hotel’s standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office, Engineering and Food & Beverage
- Maintain, monitor and update the ‘Guest Recovery’ log in the “Royal Service” software system, update and report where necessary to the relevant Leaders
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Handle, track and coordinate shipments relating to ‘Lost & Found’
- Arrange guest amenities to recognize special occasions and VIP guests
- Handle and distribute faxes, voice messages and written messages for internal and external Guests
- Assist Guests with internet trouble-shooting
- To be aware of hotel – internal functions and Outlet Promotions.
- Awareness of outlet concepts, opening hours and F&B menus contents
- To answer guest questions in regards to all hotel information including menu food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
- To be able to send out group dinner proposals and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow all standards for reservation policies, group policies, telephone standards, PDR bookings, VIP guests and special requests.
- To handle any guest feedback in an appropriate manner ensuring the guest leaves the hotel completely satisfied.
- Work closely with other Departments in ways to better serve our guests
- Process Dining reservations for all phone inquiries.
- Have full knowledge of the hotel’s emergency procedures
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute and the ability to multi-task
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Hospitality system knowledge such as Opera and/or PMS would be advantageous
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Have the Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times