Perfume Analyst Employment at Givaudan
The Job: Perfume Analyst
As a Perfume Analyst, based in Dubai and reporting to the Regional Technology Head, you will provide analytical support for the Development teams of Consumer Products and Perfumery in the SAMEA region (South Asia, Middle East and Africa).
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
- Interact with requesters and management to define projects’ priorities and analytical needs.
- Perform analysis of perfume in market products including sample preparation, data treatment and analytical schema transcription.
- Carry out data treatment using software and specific analytical databases
- Translate analysis into schema for perfumers
- Assess the consistency of results, write reports and share these with requesters
- Utilize current IT tools to manage requests and record results in databases
- Perform preventive maintenance of the chromatographic equipment in order to ensure reliability of results.
- Interact with analytical network to stay up-to-date with standard protocols
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
Primary Qualifications and Experience
- BSc degree in Chemistry or related science (MSc preferably)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (French would be a plus)
- GLP (Good Laboratory Practices)
- Proficiency in using common PC applications
- Competent olfactory ability and knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Effectively interaction with teams
- Previous experience in Fragrance laboratory analysis (GC/MS, GC/FID) with usage of chemometric tools for interpretation of analytical results (min 2 years, preferably 4 years)
- Knowledge of fragrance raw materials and composition of essential oils is a must.