Agronomist Vacancy at DAL Engineering Co. Ltd
The Job: Agronomist
To conduct, oversee and handle the agronomical research undertaken within DIAC according to set budget in order to emerge with solid outputs that will result in the increase of crops productivity.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Opportunity Utilization
- Assist growers to identify specific opportunities to improve crop yield through research and ongoing analysis of results in order to ensure a long term customer relationship.
- Agronomic Management
- Implement practical agronomic insight that brings value to the grower through effective management of side by side field plots, Innovation Trials, and all associated product positioning and demonstrations to increase crop productivity.
- Operational Management
- Achieve agreement with Senior Management and team members on operational changes targeted to enhance specific quality attributes and effectively monitor progress to be adopted by the business and stakeholders.
- Crop Advisor
- Develop, disseminate and advise on the expected benefits for all commercial seed, crop protection products, fertilizers and precision services that will achieve optimum plant health and productivity related to crop nutrients, crop protection and field or storage management.
- Company Representation Front
- Participate in Agronomy and variety review forums and recommendation processes in order to gain exposure to global best practices and increase opportunities to network as well as maintain a current knowledge of the agriculture industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree coupled with related experience in Plant Science, Soil Science or Agricultural.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Crop Science and Production
- Have Minimum 5 years work experience in Agronomy
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Fluent in English & Arabic
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Strong math and computer skills
- Ability to perform independently
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Vendor Management
- Business Administration
- Analytical Skills
- Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and instruments
- Business Strategy
- Knowledge of production and storage processes.
- Willingness to develop new agronomic techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Public speaking skills.