Second Mate / Mate Opening at Fuschia Careers
The Job: Second Mate / Mate
Excellent job opportunity with leading Marine Logistic company providing support services to cater the needs of the offshore Oil & Gas industry in the UAE, where the incumbent will assist the Master in vessel operations and has whatever duties delegated to him/her by the Master.
- Carries out watch keeping duties.
- Ensures compliance to safety and company procedures in all tasks.
- Assists the Chief Officer and learn all aspects of his duties with a view to eventual promotion.
- Works under the Master and Chief Mate’s supervision.
- Provides training to the cadets and deck crew.
- Works on deck as required.
- Records and maintains chart corrections up-to-date.
- Assists in mooring and unmooring of vessels in port and at offshore locations.
- Cargo handling and stowage and controlling the operation of the ship at the operational level.
- Officer In Charge of Navigation Watch COC (II/1, II/3).
- DP Unlimited License.
- Seaman Book.
- Basic Safety Training.
- Sea Services Certificate.
- T- BOSIET (if present)
- Minimum 2 years of offshore experience.
- Must be of ethical in character, with good leadership & communication skills.
- Maximum age of 50 years.