Bespoke Activity Entry Clearance Officer A2(L) at British Embassy
The Job: Bespoke Activity Entry Clearance Officer A2(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has vacancies for Bespoke Activity Entry Clearance Officers (BA ECOs).
The objective of this role is to provide high quality, efficient, and non-discriminatory visa application processing which meets published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and resolve visa applications within agreed benchmarks. You must be able to analyse information and reach a decision quickly and be able to justify this decision both orally and in writing. BA ECOs are to meet challenging daily workload targets.
- Ensure that all correspondence is considered and reports or replies prepared within target times in clear and concise English.
- Deal professionally with all callers to the Visa Section, whether on the telephone or in person, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
Essential qualifications, skills and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written English. Please submit with your application either an IELTS certificate at a minimum of level 6.5 or an equivalent qualification, or evidence of secondary/ higher education in the medium of English.
- Computer literate with accurate typing skills of at least 25 words per minute.
- Ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision and meet challenging targets on a daily basis.
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just on all occasions.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a target driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Arabic, Hindi and Urdu language skills would be advantageous.