Middleware Administrator (Broker) Job at emaratech
The Job: Middleware Administrator (Broker)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences / IT / Engineering EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 – 8 years of progressive experience in Middleware Administration ( MB/IIB & MQ Administration)
- Design / Engineering experience in WebSphere suite of products such IBM MessageBroker/IIB, IBM MQ , IBM WAS etc
- General understanding of RDBMS/Networking & Security concepts
- Profiling of application using tools like but not limited to Yourkit,J Profiler etc.
- Exposure to monitoring tools like but not limited to HP Open view, App Dynamics, CA Wiley, Nagios, Java Melody etc
- Performs necessary systems maintenance in accordance with best practices and
- Company change management policies.
- Performs the application deployment for all the assigned projects as per the defined release management process.
- Assess and implement new capabilities and manage middleware team tasks to meet project requirements
- Assist with daily administration and monitoring of systems to prevent outages and plan for optimized system resource utilization
- Install, configure and maintain software components classified as middleware on multiple operating system platforms
- Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure availability of these application services.
- Exhibit Strong understanding of J2EE application deployment patterns and n-tier architectures
- Provide performance tuning of components and services as well as availability in disaster recovery
- Perform system monitoring to ensure system operation health.
- Assist production support and development staff in debugging middleware application defects, design, document, and enforce processes
- Assist in providing continual active improvements for middleware services including research, planning, and implementation of service upgrades and enhancements.
- Investigate the middleware and integration issues to provide resolution and develop root cause analysis which will support maintenance improvement and upgrade
- Good scripting experience (shell / was admin/ jython scripting)
- Perform capacity planning and performance tuning to prevent issues and minimize service disruptions.
- Automates routine procedures. Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of links.
- Responsible for daily operations and all new requirements related to VMware setup.
- Administer web servers for smooth operations and business continuity.