Chancery Support Officer at Foreign & Commonwealth Office
The Job: Chancery Support Officer
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Chancery Support Officer.
The jobholder will be responsible for general administration of Political and Economic Section, acting as point of contact for incoming external enquiries, filing and information management, logistical support for internal and external meetings, and other administrative tasks.
The jobholder will also assist the Culture and Events Officer in the preparation and execution of events held by the Embassy.
Duties and responsibilities:
– General administration of Political and Economic Section (50%)
- Maintaining and updating book of contacts and CVs for the section;
- Drafting and issuing Diplomatic Notes to request meetings, notify of inward visits, and draft other notes as per Political/ Economic Section needs;
- Responsible for the section’s Information Management tasks such as maintenance of filing systems and databases;
- Administrative support for the Head of Political Section;
- Providing logistical support for external meetings;
- Assisting the team with general administrative tasks; and
- Flexibility to respond to Political/ Economic Section team requirements as they arise.
- Assisting with finalising programmes for inward visits, including arranging official calls, often to tight deadlines, ensuring accuracy of information;
- Keeping the forward look of upcoming inbound and outbound visits up-to-date; and
- Working with others, including Embassy staff (Government Relations Officers, the Ambassador’s Residence Manager) on visit logistics: transport; accommodation and entertainment programme elements.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Exceptional organisation, prioritisation and time management skills;
- Close attention to detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and carry out routine work with minimal supervision;
- Team player and good networking skills/interpersonal skills;
- IT literate: competence in word processing, email, and calendar management (e.g., knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proven record as an administrator;
- Minimum two years of office experience;
- Arabic language skills; and
- Experience working with Government officials, Ministries, and Institutions.
Application deadline: 10 January 2019