Finance Services Associate Job at GlaxoSmithKline
The Job: Finance Services Associate
This role will support the financial services transactions, simplification and process improvement initiatives across the Gulf countries.
- Support the automation agenda to streamline and simplify the process across the region. Work with IT counterpart to drive process improvement projects.
- Conduct robust GEMBA for the processes in place and identify areas of improvement and simplify the ways of working where necessary in order to create efficiencies in the processes.
- Support in preparing the SLAs for the businesses to ensure the service levels are aligned and agreed with stakeholder’s expectations.
- Produce weekly/monthly KPIs, dashboards and analytics to measure and improve performance.
- Support the FL with monitoring of monthly departmental KPIs and publishing individual performance on KPI scoreboard.
- Support the capex process, which includes not limited to FA tagging, record keeping, clearing sundry/FA accounts with support from 3rd party company (Genpact).
- Supporting various business initiatives and projects as directed by FL.
- This role is responsible for execution across Gulf markets
• Bachelor’s degree in finance – Preferably Master’s degree (MBA in finance or qualified accountant) with minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Advance level MS Excel
- Experienced in JD Edwards, SAP, IBM Cognos, E-forms would be a plus
- Able to manage complex issues (external and internal), resolving effectively.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic – Bilingual would be a plus
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Values-led approach with an excellent track record in building relationships across boundaries, and delivering high performance though stretch assignments, with clear planning/tracking/evaluation
- Excellent personal judgement, behavioural flexibility and experience of working internationally across multiple and varied cultures
- Integrity and flexibility – to engage effectively and inspire trust with people virtually and in-person across a matrix of varied personalities and cultural differences
Additional related qualification will be a plus