Radiation Safety Officer Job at Makamin Recruitment
The Job: Radiation Safety Officer
Location (Onshore Based)
Purpose of Job
- Takes the responsibility of the overall management of Radiation Protection at NORM plant during normal working hours and shift hours and to assure the implementation and fulfillment of the protection rules, safety rules and regulations during the normal operation, emergency and start-up/shutdown and during the use of radioactive sources/equipment.
- Assures the implementation and fulfillment of the radiation protection program and relevant safety rules from NORM waste reception up to final stage of
Minimum Job Requirements
- Diploma or equivalent with valid RPO License from accepted certified Authority at both international and local
- Certified Health physics education or equivalent certification from accepted Authority at both international and local
- At least 5 years working at supervisor level Strong experience in radiation industry along with the field of waste treatment operation and disposal plants or oil refining industry including adequate knowledge of radioactive waste characterization, sampling practices and general management practices.
- Excellent experience in Operational health physics, dose assessments, and radiological issues related to transport
- Good experience of NORM generation within the oil and gas industry and radiation protection and safety operation of waste treatment and disposal plants or refinery operation in
- Excellent Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation as well as industry standard in the radio logical
- Communication skills (oral, written, presentational, report writing, numeracy).
- Computer literate is
- Interpersonal communication and problem solving
- Attention to
- Good knowledge of oral and written