Tax Planning Manager Vacancy at Weatherford
The Job; Tax Planning Manager
Has responsibility for directing a variety of tax-related activities in accordance with the overall tax strategy so that organisation meets its tax obligation and objectives. Manages the retention and preparation of tax records, tax returns and other required reports.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Research, analyse and interpret tax laws and provide written memoranda on various projects and transactions;
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, increase efficiencies and improve the quality of the team’s work product;
- Serve as the point person on coordinating and directing efforts on non-recurring special tax planning projects including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, accounting method changes, domestic manufacturing deduction, and research and development tax credit.
- Assist with reviewing and documenting uncertain tax positions
- Build tax models and forecasts for emerging tax issues and analysis
- Provide support in tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, on-going tax issues, and impact of statutory and regulatory changes to federal, state and local tax laws on the company
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to gather information, analyse, and complete projects
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements and implement solutions to streamline tax accounting processes and build synergies
- Support SOX provision compliance and documentation
- Other ad hoc projects as directed by management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good business acumen and highly adaptive.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Fast worker with ability to work well under stress , Multitasking abilities and attention to detail
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to research, analyse, and understand complex issues
- Leadership skills
- Proactive and good Organizational skills;
- Good team worker and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Communicational skills